"All work and no play..." Proverb.
About The Video.
How Stress Affects the Bottom Line:
Arianna Huffington is a co-founder of The Huffington Post.
- Keep calm: Staying calm helps people stay in control; staying in control helps people manage their performance and stress levels .
- Live in the moment: The most important thing in the world is what's happening right now.
- Seek out tranquility, through meditation: There is so much research suggesting mindfulness, meditation and reflection really works, it would be foolish not to at least consider it.
- Recognise when you are tired and need a break: Working to exhaustion is a short-term strategy which brings long-term problems.
- Have the resolve to rest when you need rest: There are very few things that can't wait whilst you take a break.
- BE HAPPY: Happiness is a choice; exercise it wisely.
You may find it useful to look at the Mindfulness Page.
This is a huge subject with many solutions. Because of this I have a default position of suggesting mindfulness as a great starting point for everyone. But I have come to understand that accepting the existence of stress and burnout and their connection to excessive workloads, is the most important FIRST STEP. I recommend -
If nothing else set aside some time each day for yourself when you can sit quietly and just think about all of the positive parts of your life. The Live in the Moment Page may help.
If you need help with this, email me today.
Emotional Burnout: For healthcare professionals but the video gives a good definition of cause and effects.
How Can We Help?
As a member of 469BCe.com, you will have, one-to-one help in recognising burnout and excessive workloads in yourself and others.
No-matter what the circumstances I or one of my group of advisors will be able to offer concrete advice and 'hands-on' help.